Ticks & Fleas
Fleas and ticks are both blood-feeding insects which can become a problem in and around structures.
- Bite marks or red welts, usually around ankles or other extremities
- Live adult fleas on furniture or flooring and animals present
- If animals are present, excessive itching and/or agitation
- Often times ticks can be mistaken for bed bugs
- Live ticks moving about on the body or clothing
- Imbedded tick in the skin
- Spread of disease
- Annoyance pest
- Disruption of work, employee distraction
Steps To Take
- Identify pest (flea or tick)
- If animals are present, the animal must see a veterinarian.
- In the case of fleas, liquid applications of flea management materials with an insect growth regulator may be appropriate.
- In the case of ticks, if treatments are warranted, it is typically an exterior treatment of the surrounding area.